SOLVED

SharePoint Modern Page Header Gradient

Copper Contributor

I have noticed that whenever you add a picture to the header it automatically adds a gradient.

Capture.PNG

I can't for the life of me figure out how to remove this gradient, and I'm assuming it's not option. Has anyone found a workaround?

What's interesting is that the default header image doesn't have a gradient.

NoGradient.PNG

4 Replies

By any chance, did you find anything out in regards to this topic?  We have a request from the business to remove the gradient from our Home Page Banner. I was hoping that by adding the Hero Web Part, I would be able to use that as the image, but it doesn't seem to be working.

Thank you!
Michelle

Yes you can!

While I never received a response, Microsoft released an update in 2018 that allows you to remove the header background.

While you're editing the page hover over the banner and click the 'Edit web part' button (pencil). *refer to pic 1 attached*

In the edit pane that opens on the right side of the page select the 'Plain' Layout. *refer to pic 2 attached*

You can play with the other settings as well if desired. If this functionality isn't present in your Site Page then reach out to your Site Administrator (or Microsoft) to understand when you can get the new functionality.

Hope this helps!

Colton

@Colton Phillips 

Your response is not for removing the gradient, but its for removing the header image. 

best response confirmed by Colton Phillips (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@AnkitSingh19 correct, it is for Michelle's adding the Hero Web Part intentions. By changing the Title Area Layout to Plain you can remove the default header image and start your page with a web part instead. You can also create pages without a header entirely.

However since it has been yet another year without anyone giving an answer on how to do this, I'll add yet another feature of the new SharePoint pages. Please refer to the image below.

SharePoint Header.png

Under Layout if you select Overlap it will show the header without a gradient. This solves my original question. Choosing Image and title shows the header with a gradient.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Colton Phillips (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@AnkitSingh19 correct, it is for Michelle's adding the Hero Web Part intentions. By changing the Title Area Layout to Plain you can remove the default header image and start your page with a web part instead. You can also create pages without a header entirely.

However since it has been yet another year without anyone giving an answer on how to do this, I'll add yet another feature of the new SharePoint pages. Please refer to the image below.

SharePoint Header.png

Under Layout if you select Overlap it will show the header without a gradient. This solves my original question. Choosing Image and title shows the header with a gradient.

View solution in original post