SOLVED

SharePoint Modern Lists - going to 10% of First Release tenants

Microsoft

We are continuing with the rollout of the modern lists feature. Last week we had rolled it out to all of First Release Users. This week, we will take the next step and go to 10% of users in First Release Tenants. All of these users should also see the PowerApps and Flow buttons in the command bar. Expect this rollout to hit your users within this week!

The step after this will be to go to 50% and then 100% of users in First Release Tenants, expected over the next two to three weeks. We will make a new post to announce these next steps.

As I mentioned in my previous post, please note that modern lists, just like modern document libraries, may detect some incompatible features and fall back to the classic SharePoint view for some of your lists. Take a look at this article for the known cases where we fall back to classic, and this article for getting your bearings around modern lists.

Please see the previous post for details about our announcement of modern lists:

https://network.office.com/t5/Blogs/Modern-SharePoint-lists-are-here-Including-integration-with/bc-p...

43 Replies

Hi @Frank Bastone, not at this time. Currently the modern view is limited only to custom lists and document libraries. We will be expanding the modern view to those in the new year. We need to add some modern controls to our arsenal to be able to properly support those.

If you are using an Office 365 Group, then Planner should be a good fit, but if you want to embed tasks into SharePoint going with a regular task list is the better tool at the moment. Agree that this part of the product is ripe for updates, hopefully we will have some goodness in 2017.

Thanks for noting that. I can only get a Custom List to use the Modern UI. I feel like an idiot, dutifully checking for the past three months to see if my existing Task or Calendars "lit up" the Modern setting. All this time I wish I had know it was just the custom lists.

@Frank Bastone wrote:

Will existing apps / lists such as Tasks and Issues Tracker also assume the new SharePoint Modern lists view? At the moment, they revert to the classic view.

I'm in the process of defining a "Risks Tracker" list across new Project-oriented team site templates, but I'm concerned as to whether or not they will assume the new modern list format (which is what I'd like).  In fact, I wasn't sure whether I should use a custom list, tasks list, Issues tracking list or perhaps even take a completely different route and use Planner for such a purpose.  Exciting (and confusing) times ahead. Thanks.

This has been driving me bananas.