SOLVED

SharePoint Hub Site Search Bug

Bronze Contributor

Hi, 

I've been playing around with Hub Sites in our tenant and I think I've noticed a bug with search in hub sites. Maybe someone can recreated this scenario in their tenant to verify if it's just us or everyone.

Pre-Req: have a hub site with connected sites. Connected sites should have index files stored in them.

Scenario: 

• Open Hub site
  • Enter search query in top right corner and hit ENTER
  • proper search results should open instantly -  all good so far
  • switch from the all tab to files tab in the search results - suddenly there are zero search results
  • switching back to the all tab - also zero results

can anyone else confirm this behaviour?

14 Replies
I am seeing this too but I know this was working so not sure this is a bug more of a service issue.
this isn't working at least since last week, that is when I first noticed it.
Hi John and Ivan.

I am working on search for hubsites and I can confirm the bug you are seeing. A fix is on its way and I will notify you when its available.

Just to see what the results for the hubsite looks like after switching tab while the fix is underway, you can refresh the browser when on i.e sites tab. You should then see all associated sites for the hub.

Thanks,
Geir-Magnus
Thanks for your reply @Geir-Magnus Pettersen. Very helpful.
Appreciate the update :)
Hi, can you confirm that associated sites are only visible in search when there are files in the sites themselves? I have sites associated to the hubsite for a couple of days now, without documents, and cannot see them in search results, even when searching the site title.

Did you change from the All search results tab to the sites results tab after you entered the search page? If so you are hit by the bug from this thread.

Also do you see the associated sites in the search box if you place the cursor there without any searchtext in the searchbox?

It is indeed the same bug.

Also do you see the associated sites in the search box if you place the cursor there without any searchtext in the searchbox? => No, nothing is shown.

But when I hit enter, i get all results, including associated sites. Changing the tab to Sites, clears the results again. But refreshing the page on the same tab, does give me a list of associated sites.
I will wait patiently on the update then ;)

We have done the fix, will ping when it is available for you.

I'm currently seeing documents on associated sites when I initially click the search bar on a page, but when I type the file name and click through the search it no long shows up. Is this a related bug? 

Hi!

Could you please retry to see if this issue still is present?

best response confirmed by Melissa Torres (Microsoft)
Solution

This issue has been resolved. Thank you!

Dear,

I am still having troubles accessing via Explorer to the hub site and the underlying sites. 

We can connect to the hub site, but don't see the underlying sites and content.

(Rights are ok)

Thanks in advance,

Is this bug related to setting up a hubsite or is it related to the search bug we are talking about in this thread? 

If its about setting up hubsites I suggest staring another thread or talking to support.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Melissa Torres (Microsoft)
Solution

This issue has been resolved. Thank you!

View solution in original post