SharePoint App not displaying a page correctly when mobile view deactivated

Deleted
Not applicable

We are on a SharePoint 2016 environment and attempting to display the SharePoint site in the SharePoint Mobile App on an iPad. We wanted the same look and feel between the SharePoint App and the Browser, mainly because of authentication. Our page is set up as a wiki style page with the large left column and the smaller right column. In the App the right column completely disappears and you cannot scroll horizontally, on some pages we may see the webpart but it is constrained. I understand that these columns are dynamic based on content, but to completely hide a column that has web parts in it isnt expected functionality. We have also noticed that if we use a promoted links web part in the right column and it does show, based on the size of the content in the left column, the links do not work. Our expectation would be that it would allow us to scroll horizontall if needed based on the width. The promoted links seems to be the one that this is constistantly happening with.

Our current workaround is to set one of the web parts in that column to a fixed width, obviously not desirable as this would need to be done on everypage that is like this. Is this a bug with the app, SharePoint wiki pages, or is this expected behavior.

2 Replies
My 2c is that the mobile app is built for modern pages, and works best with these, as they will adapt/flow. Mobile view of wiki pages has never been "all that", so I'd go with expected behaviour on this one. But would be awesome if it just worked.

How do the wiki pages work if you enable mobile view on the page? Which of course contradicts the equal look and feel with desktop.

Unfortunatley I only have limited ability to see with this particular scenario. I am going to follow up with the client on this. I beleive it just doesnt show anywhere near the desktop view which is why they switched it in the first place. Yes Modern views would be good, but since its on-prem thats out of the question for now, and of course even if they were in place a single column wouldnt work for their particular site.