SharePoint 2010 Authentication Errors

Copper Contributor

Hi all. Are there any SharePoint 2010 on Premise experts out there? I really need assistance in trying to debug a problem we suddenly seem to be experiencing. Our WebDav (open in explorer was working fine but now just keep asking for credentials) and so does out Internet sites, they work but when a domain user wants to logon we experience the repeated login and finally shows a white page. Not sure if its Group Policy issues or SharePoint IIS issues, I've exhausted all google searches to fix this issue. Is there anyone out that that can assist, I'd really appreciate it.

4 Replies

Jayesh...are you getting a 403 error eventually if you don't enter in credentials?  Have you applied the disable loopback check?  Typically it's an IIS configuration issue.

Hi Steve

Thank you for your reply it is much appreciated. Yes its one of the first things I've checked and rebooted but to no avail. I have also checked other settings recommended for LSA but that did not work. The problem is Admin users can logon fine but general users that needs to make a change keeps prompting for credentials. Also the option open in explorer stopped working, It now prompts for credentials 3 times and comes with a pop up "Your client does not support opening this list with explorer" (This is for all users and does not show anything in the log files). It was after the recent SharePoint Updates as we were far behind on releases. We have now made a decision to go with SharePoint 2016 but will tale 2 months to go live. I would really love to know what could be causing this.

Thanks once again for your assistance.

Regards

JJ    

Hee JJ,

I'm not sure if this is something you already checked, as you mentioned you've exhausted all Google searches. But I remember we had something quite alike. For us it happend in office documents (not sure if it was also in WebDav).

Check out this article: https://kb.intermedia.net/article/1668

First part is quite basic, but the last part describing a registry change might help you.

You can also find this in this Microsoft article: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/943280/prompt-for-credentials-when-you-access-webdav-based-...

Good luck!

Dear Maarten

Thank you for your assistance. I have checked both links and confirmed. I have added to trusted and Intranet as well as tried the options for the registry. We has the loopback Reg String but not the AuthForwardServerList. I have added but that did not make a difference. The strange part is the it does not give a correlation error. it just serves a black page after 3 attempts. The log file also does not show an error.