SOLVED

SPO Site collection with explicit external sharing settings

Deleted
Not applicable

Hi

I need to change Sharing settings on a Site Collection that adds different settings than in the SPO admin portal. 

- The Admin portal is set to: "Allow users to invite and share with authenticated users"
    (see image attached)

- I need to add the settings: "Allow sharing to authenticated users and using anonymous access links"
   which is grayed out on the site collection option
    (see image attached) 

Any comments ?

Runa

4 Replies

The setting at site collection level cannot be less restrictive than the setting at tenant level.

Hence if you set "Allow sharing to authenticated external users and using anonymous access links" at tenant level first, then you should be able to set "Allow sharing with all external users, and by using anonymous access links" at site collection level.

Yes, but I don't want all my site collection to be able to share anonymous links. Therefor I was hoping for some kind of a trick :)
best response confirmed by VI_Migration (Silver Contributor)
Solution

Then you can allow anonymous links at tenant level, but enable them only for the site collections that you want.

In fact, the setting at site collection level can be more restrictive than the setting at tenant level.

thanX for this.
I did change the settings in the SPO admin portal and then only that one new site collection can send anonymous link.

\R
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by VI_Migration (Silver Contributor)
Solution

Then you can allow anonymous links at tenant level, but enable them only for the site collections that you want.

In fact, the setting at site collection level can be more restrictive than the setting at tenant level.

View solution in original post