SOLVED

Registration Form

Copper Contributor

I have a need to be able to "in a modern site"   Have users be able to look at a list of upcoming classes and register for them and then have that schedule be emailed to them.  I have looked at forms but that is too light weight in that they never see what they actually registered for.  I am not sure if creating a SharePoint list and then front ending it with some type of form would work but don't have the experience.  Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

1 Reply
best response confirmed by Dan Fitzgerald (Copper Contributor)
Solution

PowerApps, SharePoint and Flow all together can do this, but it's not going to be easy if you are to do it right. Assuming you want overflow protection and double booking prevention etc? Cause if it's just a simple go down a list of thing, clicking on the ones you want to add, then e-mailing that list out, Powerapps with SharePoint would work fine, but there is definatley a learning curve with it. Other than that, there is nothing easy that would just do it out of the box. 

Easy being a relative term, if you're good at Powerapps etc. then it's not too difficult, but if you don't really know SharePoint lists, then you're talking a hefty learning curve to get going :). 

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Dan Fitzgerald (Copper Contributor)
Solution

PowerApps, SharePoint and Flow all together can do this, but it's not going to be easy if you are to do it right. Assuming you want overflow protection and double booking prevention etc? Cause if it's just a simple go down a list of thing, clicking on the ones you want to add, then e-mailing that list out, Powerapps with SharePoint would work fine, but there is definatley a learning curve with it. Other than that, there is nothing easy that would just do it out of the box. 

Easy being a relative term, if you're good at Powerapps etc. then it's not too difficult, but if you don't really know SharePoint lists, then you're talking a hefty learning curve to get going :). 

View solution in original post