SOLVED

Question about eDiscovery hold

Copper Contributor

My company has enabled eDiscovery hold of all SharePoint contents for legal obligations.  However, we found that once we enabled it, we cannot delete a list, a doclib or sub-site from any site collections.

Would like to know whether it is the expected behavior, or we have enabled the wrong hold?

3 Replies
best response confirmed by BENNY LEE (Copper Contributor)
Solution
Unfortunately that’s how it works currently and has for awhile. I hope they are working on changing it to at least hide lists if you delete them under hold. It it causes huge issues with OneDrive cause you can’t delete folders etc either.
Thanks Christ. At least I know we are not enabling the wrong thing. It is really helpful if we could "delete" the list/doclib/sub-site from sight so that outdated information could be hidden for avoiding confusion. I have filed an idea in the UserVoice, let see if other has the same pain-point, and vote for me.
https://sharepoint.uservoice.com/forums/329214-sites-and-collaboration/suggestions/33249310-allow-de...
Added my vote :)
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by BENNY LEE (Copper Contributor)
Solution
Unfortunately that’s how it works currently and has for awhile. I hope they are working on changing it to at least hide lists if you delete them under hold. It it causes huge issues with OneDrive cause you can’t delete folders etc either.

View solution in original post