Propogation of Content Types from CTH

Deleted
Not applicable

We are using the CTH in SPOL to maintain a set of content types that will be used across the myriad of Teams appearing all over the business.  Everything is configured correctly and if I create a new content type and Publish it, it is available in the Site Collection Doc Libs as expected after waiting overnight.  However it is not appearing in Lists in the same site collection even though they are enabled for Content Type management.  Why is this?

The sad thing about this workaround is that it is purely to get a form on screen now that the Document Information Panel is being deprecated.  DocLibs do not have the PowerApps form option so I am copying the document to a List only for that reason.  I would love to have been in the planning meeting when this was approved, given we are more dependant than ever on metadata taking away the easiest UI for users to update it is beyond belief!  Yes, I know the Info screen allows for this in full fat Word, but it is not available in Word Online.

3 Replies
The Content Type you have published - is the parent Content Type 'Item', or 'Document'?

Hi Rob,

I optimistically thought that although the CT applies to a Document I would not have to duplicate it by creating an identical CT based on List Content Type/Item.  I guess I thought wrong......? :(

Nigel

You could maybe create a CT 'A' parented from 'Item', then create a Document CT 'B' whose parent is 'A' - then use A for lists, and B for libraries?