Problem with SharePoint Hub Navigation from Hub to Hub

Copper Contributor

I have converted the root site to a SharePoint Modern Communication Hub and I am linking out to the other Hubs in the navigation. This works fine. However when I click into the other hub, I have added a link to go back to the previous hub. When i click on this from a Modern team site, it goes back however the Communication template shows up with the Team site left hand navigation bar. Is this a bug or is there any way to link to sites properly to go back to the landing page from a team site without any issue?

image.png

2 Replies
There has been a lot of issues with context around navigation they have been fixing piece by piece. I reported this happening with the site settings staying with the page your came from etc. and they fixed them after a short bit.

They make it so when you navigate inside SharePoint you don't do a full page refresh/load for performance reasons but then you run into things like this :). I would report it as a bug. And in the meantime your only option would probably be to use a URL shortening service and use that URL, then it will force a page reload, but I also think it might open in a new tab, I can't recall.

Did this get resolved?

Also when you linked the Hub sites were you able to put the back navigation at the far left? I want to have one main Hub landing page and link all other Hub sites to it. When on the other hub sites the link to the "Home" hub would be on the farthest left. Did you do yours that way? I am unable to figure out how to do it because it does not give you the option to edit that link.

Thanks