PowerApps and Flow buttons are graduating out of preview!

Microsoft

PowerApps and Flow are becoming a more integral part of SharePoint Online with the imminent release of Custom Forms with PowerApps and the Flow Launch Panel. Starting in November, these features will no longer be considered as preview features.  

FlowPowerAppsbuttons.PNG

If you have the Preview Features switch turned off in SharePoint administration center today, you were not seeing the Flow and PowerApps buttons in modern lists and libraries. Once this change goes into effect, the buttons will become available, regardless of the setting: Flow button in modern libraries, and both Flow and PowerApps buttons in modern lists.

PreviewFeatures.PNG

The change will start with our First Release tenants, and then move forward into the rest of the production in two waves. We hope to complete the change over the month of November.

PowerApps and Flow are still working on completing their certification for government and sovereign cloud environments with stricter compliance requirements, and the buttons will continue to remain invisible for these environments, independent of the preview features switch setting.

45 Replies

Hi @James Taylor, you are right, this requires the First Release tenant wide setting. The setting is at the tenant level, so we can't enforce it at a per-user level.

@Kerem Yuceturk that page also indicates the plan needs to be upgraded. Is this the expected behavior of an E3 license?

This change is now rolled out to 50% of production tenants. We will be going to the remaining production tenants next week.

My offer to listen to any concerns around this remains open. Please send me a private message and I can set up a meeting with you or your team.

This change is now in effect for all tenants.

Thank you for your feedback around governance features for Flow and PowerApps, we are actively discussing in the product team how to address some of the concerns you have raised. Please do not hesitate to reach out with more feedback.

Hi Kerem,
earlier in the thread you stated "PowerApps and Flow both have admin centers that allow O365 admins to go in and see all of the apps and flows in the tenant, as well as take them over as needed when users leave an organization, or under other circumstances. "

I'm certainly not seeing this in our tenant, I have access to the admin centers but don't see any Environments tab and so cannot see environments or flows. I've since seen/worked out that even as a O365 Global Admin I have to have another licence in order to manage the apps and flows. 

Why is Flow and PowerApps different from other applications/features in Office 365? I don't need an licence to manage Exchange Online or SharePoint, why do I with these? If you're basically going to force these features on us, which you are with PowerApps forms within lists, then you have to give us the access to be able to manage them without expecting us to pay for the licence to do so!

I feel like Microsoft has no clue who all their userbase is. My company is a small company of about 500 people, and we are not a tech-savvy company at all. Releasing flow and powerapps to these users is not beneficial to my company in any way. It clutters up the list experience with things that will only confuse my users. Powerapps and flows should be created by developers and power users, I do not see the need to show these ESPECIALLY when the user does not even have a license. This is the largest overstep I've seen Microsoft make in recent years. I opened up a support ticket and was told after 4 days that this is 'by design'. Come on!