PowerApps and Flow buttons are graduating out of preview!

Microsoft

PowerApps and Flow are becoming a more integral part of SharePoint Online with the imminent release of Custom Forms with PowerApps and the Flow Launch Panel. Starting in November, these features will no longer be considered as preview features.  

FlowPowerAppsbuttons.PNG

If you have the Preview Features switch turned off in SharePoint administration center today, you were not seeing the Flow and PowerApps buttons in modern lists and libraries. Once this change goes into effect, the buttons will become available, regardless of the setting: Flow button in modern libraries, and both Flow and PowerApps buttons in modern lists.

PreviewFeatures.PNG

The change will start with our First Release tenants, and then move forward into the rest of the production in two waves. We hope to complete the change over the month of November.

PowerApps and Flow are still working on completing their certification for government and sovereign cloud environments with stricter compliance requirements, and the buttons will continue to remain invisible for these environments, independent of the preview features switch setting.

45 Replies

Hi Kerem,

should I being seeing this in mt First release tenant? I'm not seeing it at this stage.

I stand corrected ... yes I am

Hi @Deleted, yes, it should be visible if you are not in a sovereign or government cloud. Make sure you have a First Release tenant, and not just First Release users.

Could you send me a private message with your tenant details so we can investigate?

Sorry I was wrong

Thanks for your response @Kerem Yuceturk. What's the plan on dealing with Global companies that have employee's in Germany and China since we can't turn the license off?

Thanks,

Tami

Hi ,

I would like to know if we set the list /library experience to classic in the list or library settings would I still be able to see the Flow and PowerApps button in the SharePoint list/library despite of the preview feature being enforced now ? Could you please confirm . 

They’ll only be available in Modern View
@Kerem Yuceturk Without Flow Plan 2, is there _any_ Enterprise control over what type of data sources one can connect to? Or can I get away with a single Plan 2 license to have that enterprise control? It's really unclear as to what Flow license is included in the E3/E5 plans.

Hi @Tami Shaw, the data sovereignty guarantees only apply to tenants who are housed in those sovereign environments. When you have a tenant that's not in one of the sovereign environments, your users, including those in China or Germany, will use the same data centers that the rest of your users will use, depending on the country picked while creating your Office 365 tenancy. This is true for any Office 365 workload like Exchange and SharePoint, as well as for PowerApps and Flow. So this should not be a new concern for you.

Hi @Trevor Seward, Office 365 administrators can go to Flow and PowerApps admin centers, and can set data policies for the default environment, without requiring a P2 license. You do not need any additional licenses. 

You could get P2 licenses to be able to create and manage additional environments, and set policies in those additional environments.

Hi @VigneshGanesan@Craig White is correct, these buttons are only available in modern lists and libraries.

Hi @Kerem Yuceturk - it is a new concern because we're able to manage everything by permissions or by licensing. 

I see, but today your mailboxes, documents, and other data still resides in US, if you have a US based tenant, regardless of permissions or licenses. Is that not correct?

For PowerApps and Flow, it will be the same, the flows and apps you create will reside in the US data centers, similar to the case for your documents.

Maybe I am not fully aware of your configuration, I'd be happy to discuss the details over private messages if you'd like.

With an E3 license, when I go to https://admin.flow.microsoft.com/environments I'm getting redirected to upgrade my license to manage policies.
@Kerem - this is still very disappointing. The button visibility and the forced support model is an over reach. The buttons should show if we license them and should not if we do not. If the free service is available then users think we are supporting it. And with regards to conditional access, you force us to create policies and manage that also. Your statement "We want to find a healthy balance between helping you control your data, and providing your end users tools they can use to get work done without having to resort to non-compliant tools. We still think graduating these features out of preview is the correct thing to do here." First - WE provide our end-users, we can choose to buy another product or move away from Office 365, that is what WE do. Microsoft should simply be providing the tools, not making decisions. And second, what if we consider Flow and PowerApps "non compliant" tools? These tools are good tools, but the thousands of users I support are not ready for them and they are not apart of our Digital Strategy. Microsoft is setting a bad precedent here by going beyond there scope of decision making and continuing to alienate the community by "turning things on for us". This is a simple fix... use the licensing tools to expose the control.

Hi @Rob Bowman, I hear your concerns. I will reach out to you, and understand the circumstances for your company better, and see what options are possible and hope to get to a point where the solution is manageable for you as well as us. 

No disrespect to Rob intended at all, but Kerem why are you offering to understand his business better but not everyone else’s? Rob’s points largely echo the points made previously on this thread by others which to date, have not been addressed in the same way.
Consistency, please.

Not at all @Craig White, we would like to understand the specific circumstances of our customers so we can provide a general solution. I'd be happy to reach out to any of you to listen how this might be a problem for your business and what a solution might look like. Please send me a private message if you are interested. 

Hello @Kerem Yuceturk. I still do not see this option in our SP, but our First Release setting are only assigned to me. Does it have to be the entire tenant before we'll see it? If so, if I leave on just me, when will the feature be forced into our tenant? 

I'm interested in trying it out. 

Thanks,