New site columns not available in list view

Copper Contributor

Good day all,

I’m experiencing an extremely annoying issue with SharePoint. 

This is what I’ve done on our SharePoint Online tenant:

• Created a new modern SharePoint team site.  I want to track client invoices.
  • Created the initial required site columns (Invoice No, Customer, Invoice date, project code etc.).
  • Created a content type from these new site columns.
  • Created a list for client invoices and enabled management of content types and added my content type as the default content type on this list.
  • Modified the default view on my list.
  • Captured initial data (current outstanding client invoices) to test and modify my solution (list) with.
  • Started to add additional required columns.  Process is a) create new site column, b) add to content type, c) modify view.

Now my problem is that suddenly, new columns I add are not available to check if I modify the view on the list?   It seems as if the available list of columns to use in the view is just not updating anymore when I change columns on the content type.

Can anyone help?

1 Reply

Hi Gideon!

This is maybe not the solution but can be worth a try. I have experienced similar problems when i add site columns to the list and the Content Type is read-only. Check if the Content Type is read-only and if so, set it to No.

Regards, Magnus

CTReadOnly.PNG