New Group calendar web part rolling out now

Microsoft

The SharePoint team is excited to announce the new Group calendar web part! This web part will be added to the toolbox when creating team news articles and modern pages. We are rolling out to First Release customers now!

• Note: only tenants that have First Release (FR) set to on for the entire tenant will see these features.
  • Per user first release flighting is not applicable when creating new content that could be seen/viewed by non FR enabled users. 

What are modern pages you ask?

“Modern team site pages are fast, easy to author and support rich multimedia content. And pages look great on any device, in a browser or from within the SharePoint app. Using pages is a great way to communicate and share your ideas—such as status and trip reports, how-to write-ups, know-before-you-go guides and frequently asked questions.” - from our blog post last year.

Group calendar

The Group calendar web part allows you to easily view the calendar of an existing modern group on a page. Just select the group you’d like to link, select the number of calendar events per page you’d like to show, and the web part will automatically populate the events.

Screen Shot 2017-08-22 at 8.15.01 PM.png    Screen Shot 2017-08-22 at 8.20.00 PM.png

Easily switch between past and upcoming events, get more details about a specific event, and even download the event to add to your calendar.

Screen Shot 2017-08-22 at 8.20.39 PM.pngScreen Shot 2017-08-22 at 8.20.56 PM.pngScreen Shot 2017-08-22 at 8.21.29 PM.png

In the future, we will be listening to customer feedback and adding features! See our support documentation here.

78 Replies
Yep, can't wait for the monthly calendar view to be available in modern. As an organization that does Events mainly, this will be huge :)

I see! So each day you can see who's out - makes a lot of sense. Thanks for the feedback! 

Has been a popular request! In the backlog :) 

Thanks Alyssa, good to know

My supervisor is able to see the "Group Calendar" app in his list, but I still cannot. Would there be a reason why He can see and use it and I can't?

Strange, according to Alyssa post, this WebPart is being firstly rolled out to Office 365 tenants with First Release enabled to all the organization so you should see the WebPart too

Maybe his account is set to First Release and Yours isnt? If hes already added it to a site along with adding a group to the calander, you should be able to see it on the page I would assume. Thats what I noticed by experience.

Turns out we have FR setup for specific users. He went in and set me up for FR and now it works. Thanks for your help.

I alerted my boss about FR being setup on our account. He said we didn't have tenant, but we do have FR setup for specific users, so he added me to the list. And now all is well and Group Calendar is working for me. Thank you.

Sweet! I just got it not too long ago. Its handy to be on the lookout for new features and then you can test them before you roll them out to other users. I really like the new Modern Style of SharePoint so its a priority to get users on it asap.

Hi, there seems to be some issue with the web part. It is displaying incorrect time (one hour less than it should be) in the meetings that occur in the future eg. 17th of October. The time is shown correctly at the web part, in the meeting that is happening today. User and site timezone settings are ok, and the group calendar is displaying the meetings as they are. So it looks like the issue is within that new web part.

Any ideas what to do?

Can we use overlays with this?

We are seeing the same thing but ours is 4 hours off.   We are Eastern time zone.  All timezone settings are accurate (both the sharepoint site and the calendar I'm sharing).  Also is showing all day events as a 24h long event, which therefore is wrapping from late the day before to the next day.  If I set the *sharepoint* site's timezone to 0:00 UTC it displays correctly (though still "midnight to midnight").  Please a) fix the timezone shift, and b) would love it if all day events just displayed as "all day"....

Having the same problem, and have been unable to find a solution by tweaking the timezone in Regional Settings. Our group calendar primarily uses 'all day' events, and so displaying a time at all is a bit confusing (especially since an all day event that begins Monday, 10/2 is showing as beginning at 8:00pm on Sunday 10/1). As mentioned above, I'd also love to see a simple "all day" designation for those kinds of events.

I also have an issue with the time displayed. It'ok OK in Outlook client and Web Access but off by 4 hours on the page.

I'm on the eastern timezone.

Hi - 

Thanks to everyone for reporting the date/time issue! We have a fixed and should be rolled out now. Please let me know if you still are experiencing this issue.

Hi Martin - 

What do you mean by 'overlays'?

Not fixed!  Didn't mention this before, but interestingly this is just an issue with all day events.  An actual timed event shows correctly.  But still getting the 4 hour shift on all day events, 8pm day before to 8pm day of....

Not fixed, still 4 hours difference

Looking into it... Thanks for your help! @David Sullo @Benoit Fournier