Moving folders in a Sharepoint online site with a new name

Copper Contributor

Okay so I have been playing around with SharePoint Online, and Flows for the past couple of weeks and can't find a solution to this problem. Here is the issue. 

Each day I have outlook email attachments sent to a folder on my SharePoint online site. (I got this part figured out) These folders contain many files or email attachments and act as "Current" reports.

Now the part I need help with. Each morning I want the folder to move to a new location to be archived on the site with a new name such as 'MM_DD_YYYY_Reports'. I also need the old folder location to be stripped with of all the files that were in there to make room for the new incoming files later that day. I can't delete the folder all together because then my flow that brings in the email attachments won't have anything to reference, and SharePoint does not allow for folders to be scheduled for some reason. 

Does anyone have any solutions to this situation?

Thank!

2 Replies

Hi @BryceKauffman,

Instead of renaming the "Current" reports folder create a new "MM_DD_YYYY_Reports" folder and move the files into MM_DD_YYYY_Reports within the Flow. 

I hope this helps.

Norm

@BryceKauffman  Check the attached sample that can fit your requirement. 

The flow on every day copies all documents that are in Documents/Attachments and moves them to Archive/MM-DD-YYYY . Once the move is completed the files are deleted from Documents/Attachments. 

It is a preety big flow. Try it out