SOLVED

Modified By and Created By with SharePoint Migration Tool v2

Iron Contributor

I am testing the Microsoft SharePoint Migration Tool v2 for a migration from a file share.

When I migrate a .docx file, the Modified By and Created By fields are migrated.

When I migrate a .doc file, "Administrator" shows up in the Modified By and Created By fields, even though the author is the same as for the .docx file.

What am I missing?

In both cases the Modified date is migrated correctly.

2 Replies
best response confirmed by Christophe Humbert (Iron Contributor)
Solution

Thanks for your feedback.
Please share everything under C:\Users\%user name%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\MigrationTool\admin@XXXX.onmicrosoft.com\WF_XXXXX folder to Migration dev servicing migration_team@microsoft.com.
We would like to work with you to address the issue encountered in your migration.

Thanks Helen, I'll do that.

I took a quick look at the log, I was surprised to read "No user mapping file specified" even though I entered the path under settings.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Christophe Humbert (Iron Contributor)
Solution

Thanks for your feedback.
Please share everything under C:\Users\%user name%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\MigrationTool\admin@XXXX.onmicrosoft.com\WF_XXXXX folder to Migration dev servicing migration_team@microsoft.com.
We would like to work with you to address the issue encountered in your migration.

View solution in original post