SOLVED

Modern lists - missing field

Brass Contributor

Hello,

I recently discovered a missing feature in the modern lists. In the classic setup you can add a field in a form with the option Allow 'Fill-in' choices: "Yes" which pops up in a form as an additional option to "Specify your own value." in a related text field. Using this option in the setup however does not show up the same field in a modern list form, so my request is to add that option into the modern lists related form also as it can be very useful in some cases.

8 Replies

I see this option in my SPO lists. When you click the drop down options in a choice field, if 'Choose your own' is enabled, it gives me a blank field to populate. When I type that, and press enter, the new option is displayed.

TestList.PNG

Thank you @Andrew Warland@UG, it should work as Andrew mentioned in his post. Let us know if you are seeing something different.

Unfortunately I see something different and can't find the option to enter own values.

Here you see the difference

Classic view.jpg

No Client type option in the Modern view for me

Modern view.jpg

best response confirmed by UG (Brass Contributor)
Solution

Hi @UG, if you start typing right where the cursor is, it should work. I think the confusion is because we don't show the tooltip when the focus is in the field.

In this example below, I have Apple, Banana and Cantaloupe as my options, and I'm adding Tangerine as a fill-in option, and after i hit enter it gets added to the choices:

Tangerine1.PNGTangerine2.PNG

I agree with Kerem, can you start typing in the empty space? That's how it works for us.

OK, you are right it also works like this (simple, if you know it) here and I still can confirm that's quite confusing. Would you agree that it can be an issue to make normal users aware of the way this is functioning?

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by UG (Brass Contributor)
Solution

Hi @UG, if you start typing right where the cursor is, it should work. I think the confusion is because we don't show the tooltip when the focus is in the field.

In this example below, I have Apple, Banana and Cantaloupe as my options, and I'm adding Tangerine as a fill-in option, and after i hit enter it gets added to the choices:

Tangerine1.PNGTangerine2.PNG

View solution in original post