SOLVED

Modern Lists revert to classic when versioning enabled?

Brass Contributor

HI all - 

Trying to set up a Modern List and wanted to use a Text box to capture notes on items using Append/Versioning but when I enable versioning in the list I lose my nice modern list panes. Any ideas? Thank you!

4 Replies
Don't believe the modern UI textbox supports that type of versioning. The lists however have built in version for the entire list items by default. Is there a reason why you couldn't just use that versioning? Or is there a specific need for the Textbox to have it's own.?
best response confirmed by Michael Holste (Microsoft)
Solution

the issue is not about the versioning on the list itself. Modern ui does support it.

Typicall scenarios where we fall back to classic are related to specific fields that only work on classic. In this case the append text to the field

Got it thanks! Similarly, want to display my json formatted columns using modern list web part. Hoping this is coming soon??

The current version of the webpart does not support json formatting. The team is constantly improving the webpart so if something is going into that direction i believe that eventually public info will be made available about it.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Michael Holste (Microsoft)
Solution

the issue is not about the versioning on the list itself. Modern ui does support it.

Typicall scenarios where we fall back to classic are related to specific fields that only work on classic. In this case the append text to the field

View solution in original post