Modern List web parts not updating on screen refresh

MVP

Hi, I have a modern SharePoint online list with a content that frequently changes.

On the modern site home page I have three list web parts pointing to the same list, but set to three different views with different filters. When I navigate to the home page, the list web parts do not show the latest list items. Sometimes I have to manually refresh the home page twice before the new list items show.

This is not acceptable. If my users navigate to the home page, the correct list items should be showing right away, not after several page refreshes.

Any idea what is causing this and what can be done about it?

8 Replies

@Ingeborg Hawighorst I would also like to know how this can be rectified.  We are currently using it for COVID-19 communications in public safety and need these lists to be up-to-date and display as such.

@Ingeborg Hawighorst I have been having this issue for a while now and it's driving me nuts. Three list web parts for three different lists, all of them showing old data after loading the page. Sometimes refreshing two or three times will fix it.

@DanielHardy  I've also been having this issue, but mainly I've noticed it when I have got custom row formatting with JSON as in the image below. Regularly it shows old data. I can only assume there is some sort of cache-ing happening.

Guadeloupe.png

Rob
Los Gallardos
Microsoft Power Automate Community Super User

@RobElliott I removed all my custom formatting on my lists to see if it was the problem. With one list web part, it's just stubbornly loading the old version with the formatting enabled. Crazy thing is I can clearly see it loading the up-to-date list data (without the formatting) first for about a half-second and then replace it with the old out-of-date version of the list. Bizarre.

@DanielHardy Any updates on this? I am having the same problem but am using no custom webparts. Just two on a page, one with a list web part and another with a document library part. Neither refresh until manually refreshing a few times.

@rahul320 @DanielHardy 

I was also facing this issue before (few months ago). In my case clearing browser cache resolved the issue.

Try clearing browser cache once if it helps.

I am not sure if this is bug or causing this issue because of Minimal download strategy feature (just saying). What do you think about this @RobElliott?

Please click Mark as Best Response if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

@ganeshsanap 

Is there any way to get the page to do a hard refresh automatically?  I cannot tell all my site visitors to clear cache or force full refresh every time I update the file displayed in the web part.

@Ingeborg Hawighorst 

I am also experiencing this issue, just over 2 YEARS after it was first reported on this forum.

I also notice that Microsoft has not responded in the past 2 YEARS.

It's as if they don't care at all that their solutions are not fit for purpose.

Seriously, what is the point of the List Web Part if it does not show current data?

We use this methodology to log I.T. support Tickets and monitor system outages reported by Users.

We are missing important Outage Tickets because the List Web Part on the front page simply DOES NOT WORK.

This had already cost several businesses a day or two in lost time.

Who do we speak to in Microsoft about Lost Business Compensation Claims, all because their software DOES NOT FUNCTION AS ADVERTISED?

This is unacceptable, and I am forced to warn all of my client businesses that the Microsoft 365 Platform is unreliable, and that they should use something else.

Can someone from Microsoft please respond?

It has been over 2 YEARS after all...

James.