Modern Document Library Webpart - view not working

Brass Contributor

We seem to have a problem that has appeared this week where document library webparts on modern pages don't filter the documents based on the view that is specified in the webpart.

All looks ok when adding the webpart, but as soon as the page is published or refreshed the webpart ignores the view and displays all the documents (clicking "see all" and going directly to the document library displays views correctly).

I'm certain that this was working ok last week - is anyone else seeing this problem?

31 Replies

We are experiencing the exact same behaviour since yesterday.

I started a ticket at MS, hopefully we'll have a solution quick.

Weird thing is our Tenant Admin can see the correct page, but the site (collection) owner doesnt!

Same here, but the View is applied when the user does NOT have contribute rights on the page... so it must be a bug somewhere
I've had a remote session today with MS and she could reproduce the error on her own tenant also. She's checking with the Escalation team whether this is a known issue. Hopefully I'll hear something back from her shortly.

We are currently investigating this behavior. Thanks

Do you still reproduce the issue ?

The view is still showing the incorrect files with a custom view.

So yes, i can still reproduce it

We are working on a fix and it should be done in the next days.

That is good news - hopefully the fix won't be too long.

I just received this from MS Support:

"Please know I further checked and this issue seems to be a known one for our Product Group/ Engineering team. An internal case is already opened regarding this and, as far as I understood, a fix should be deployed by the end of this week. I will get back to you as soon as I have more updates and we can check together whether this is solved."

We still seem to have this issue in our tenant. Have you received any news regarding this? I would love to know when this issue is estimated to be solved.

I have a slight variant of this. The view is respected, but the underlying Name field (the actual document file name) is still shown regardless of whether it is in the view or not. This behaviour is consistent across multiple views i.e. the Name field shows in every view I have configured.

Unfortunately i havent heard anything back yet, and the customer is still experiencing the issue :(

Asked for a status update at MS.
Keep you posted
Can you verify if its solved?

Unfortunately it is still not working.

Latest response:

"Please know that we further discussed with our Product Group and this issue is still ongoing. For now, there is no ETA for the fix, as it seems that the issue turned out to be more complex than expected. I will let you know as soon as I have updates."

A message has been posted to tenants. We are working on making a fix for this issue. 

We have the same thing going on, but Microsoft says that they are working on this! 

This is working for us now.

We are also facing the same issue, could please let us know how did you fix this ?