License required for setting up the Environments in Microsoft Flow for DLP

MVP

Setting up DLP for Microsoft flow would require 2 things to be setup

1. Environments

2. Defining which are business apps and what are non-business apps

I would like to know one  thing about Microsoft Flow P2 license , If license is needed for setting up “Environment” is it just for Admins or all the users should have P2 flow license.Please check and let me know . 

4 Replies

You used to be able to administer Flow when you were assigned to a Flow Admin role, but Microsoft now requires you to be a Global Admin. I know this because I had to open a ticket because of this undocumented change.

Flow users can have any Flow license. It does not have to be P2 to consume the environment and defined apps your Global Admin configures.

All users with the Microsoft Flow Plan 2 license can create their own environments. All Microsoft Flow users can use environments created by Plan 2 administrators, but they cannot create their own environments.

see https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/flow/environments-overview-admin for more details

@Dean Gross and @Scott Strausbaugh .I'd like to know  if there is any alternate method which could be used apart from DLP to block Flow users ? I mean without buying those license is there any way we could restrict flow..

I don't think so, to get Administrative controls, you need to purchase a P2 license for the Admins.

Flow and Power Apps are different than the traditional Office 365 Applications because people can use them without an Office 365 license, i.e., anyone can go to their sites and sign up with any email address and use them.

If you need to control them within a company tenant, you need at least one P2 license