Issues with list web part on modern sharepoint site

Copper Contributor

I have a list (preview) web part on a modern site page and it was working ok until recently. Now, instead of showing the view I selected for the web part to display, it shows the 'All Items' view. I have tried recreating the view, but it doesn't work. Is this a known issue?

8 Replies

I have the same issue, it stopped working recently.  I have an open case with MicroSoft about another issue with pages not displaying webpart list columns that are choice fields that allow multiple values.  I informed them of this new issue yesterday.  

Yes I am seeing this too, in my dev tenant, I have tested, it shows the default view for the list if you change the default view for the list and refresh the page it will change, but it works in my prod tenant fine. My wife is having the same issue in her work tenant, it was working, but now it is not, she has been through at least 5 layers of support with MS and they can't figure it out and just keep making her try the same things over and over, submit a ticket to MS.

My dev tenant also wont display the content of choice columns if they allow multiple selections, again it worked, but now it does not, and again it works in my prod tenant fine, same issue for my wifes prod tentant.

1. Our tenant is set to targeted release for everyone and so we have used the modern web parts for some time.  Probably a year ago, the List (Preview) web part only showed the default view of a list, but eventually it actually did show the view selected in the properties pane.
  2. Today, the List (Preview) web part has reverted back to showing only the default view no matter what view you pick in the properties pane for the web part.  This happens in all browsers and for all people.  The List (Preview) web parts worked fine the week of July 7/23 but I noticed the change this last week starting 7/30.
  3. If you add another List (Preview) web part to the page and open the properties pane, you can select a view that is not the default and the columns for this non-default view will show in the web part while you are in edit mode.   Once the page is published, the view reverts to the default view and you cannot make it change even if you open the properties pane again.
  4. If I want a view to display in the List (Preview) web part it has to be switched to the default view.

Did someone revert back to an older branch of a previous code base?

I am also experiencing this.  I have 2 on a page, using the same list but different views set for each.  I can swap the views and it will display correctly, but only that one time. 

The list preview web part should show the view you pick now.

Thanks for the update, I can confirm that the list preview web part is displaying the correct view

Still having issues with the list webpart displaying a specific view on a modern SP page. It had worked in the past. Stopped working end of July or early Aug. Please fix the code on this webpart,

The fix for the List (Preview) web part not showing the view chosen in the properties pane is available to our tenant now.  Our organization is set to Targeted Release which might be why we are seeing the fix.