Inviting a new External user to multiple sub-sites

Steel Contributor

Hi All, 

I have a question about this scenario:-

1. We have a classic team site collection, which contain 70 sub-sites. and each sub-site has unique permissions (unique Visitor & Members sharepoint groups).

2. Now i want to share 5 sub-sites with a new external user.

3. So i will go to each of the 5 sub-sites and add the external user to the related members group.

4. So the external user will get 5 invitation emails.

5. And the external user will click on one of the invitation email links >> register his account >> login.

6. Then sharepoint online will create a guest user account for him + add him to the sharepoint group.

But what will happen in these scenarios:-

1. Since the user will get his account created as guest account when he click on the first invitation link, so what will happen when he clicks on the remaining 4 invitation links? will the links assume that this is a new user and create a duplicate guest account for him ?

2. When the user login to a sub-site >> sharepoint will automatically start showing the user inside the sharepoint group. but will it also automatically add the user to the reaming 4 sharepoint security groups which have been shared with him ? Or he should access these sites separately? or he should click on the site url inside the invitation email, otherwise he can not access the remaining 4 sub-sites?

Can anyone adivce on my above 2 questions.

Thanks

1 Reply
1. SPO will know the user is an existing external user so there is not need to add him/her as guest user in Office 365
2. No. When the user click on the first link he will have access to the first subsite but to have access to the other sites, he will need to click the other invitations received