SOLVED

Incorporate UX Feedback into Your SharePoint Instance

Brass Contributor

Hi all! What are some ways that you can incorporate user feedback into your SharePoint instance? We are designing a new content workflow. I recently had the opportunity to get some valuable in-person feedback from other members of my team team, and will be facilitating the testing of this new workflow as well, in order to identify any bugs before the go-live date.

After this new workflow goes live, I would still like to give users the opportunity to provide feedback via our intranet platform. That being said, I do not currently have access to the analytics, as I am a site admin rather than a system admin.

2 Replies
best response confirmed by Sandra_Flanagan (Brass Contributor)
Solution

@Sandra_Flanagan What version of SharePoint Server is deployed? Site admins have access to some statistics out of the box but there may be differences between the versions, so knowing that is a good start to investigate what options you have available. Aside from SharePoint's analytics from the system side - you could use 3rd party tracking as well if your company is already using something on external sites. Most of those products have the ability to carve of reporting for different sites and can provide permissions to view and analyze to non-system admins.

@Timothy Balk, thanks for your helpful response! Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. We're on SharePoint Server 2016 but have deferred this project till a later date. Using third party tracking is a great idea, in addition to the OOTB analytics available to system admins. We do also have Google Analytics.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Sandra_Flanagan (Brass Contributor)
Solution

@Sandra_Flanagan What version of SharePoint Server is deployed? Site admins have access to some statistics out of the box but there may be differences between the versions, so knowing that is a good start to investigate what options you have available. Aside from SharePoint's analytics from the system side - you could use 3rd party tracking as well if your company is already using something on external sites. Most of those products have the ability to carve of reporting for different sites and can provide permissions to view and analyze to non-system admins.

View solution in original post