Image Upload Error

Copper Contributor

Hello,

One of my page editors is unable to upload images to a SharePoint online page. Any insight into what I need to do to fix this? She currently has full control access to the page. Thank You!

13 Replies

Are you referring to an image web part, a content editor web part or uploading it to a library that's sitting on the page? What is the error being received?

She is able to add an image web part but then when she tries to select an image to upload to the web part, then she gets the error.

can you provide screenshot of the error?

There is one attached to the original post too, but attached here as well.

Sorry Jessica, completely missed that in your first post. Make sure she tries different browsers. Also, if she's trying to upload directly via the web part, maybe upload the photo to SharePoint first, then grab it from there.

Can you try with the different browser and let me know

No problem, appreciate the help! She is not able to upload to this SharePoint site as it is locked down for security. She is in Chrome now and when she is able today will try a different browser.

She is in Chrome now and when she is able today will try a different browser. Thanks!

That would be the issue then - the page is trying to save the image to a library she doesn't have permissions to contribute to. She needs to have contribute rights to at least one library on the site.

Ahha! Let me try that. She also said she is not able to add links, is that a similar issue?

yes, she will need contribute rights to whichever list or library she's trying to add links to

Thanks to you both! I decided to set up a subsite instead as she can't have additional access to the other site the page was on.

@Jessica Paske 

Unsure if you have resolved the issue but I had the same problem.

I found the issue was caused by NOT having 'Edit' access to the 'Site Assets' library. If you create a new 'Page' then it doesn't automatically create the 'Site Asset' folder for that page until you upload something that isn't already in the 'Site Asset' library (e.g. like a new image). 

2 options -

• Someone who has access to the Site Asset library can upload an image to your page and it will create the associated folder in the Site Asset library, and then they can give you Edit access to that folder or
  • Someone gives you 'Edit' access to the whole 'Site Asset' library