If we use the modern page, we cannot choose the document templat by clicking "New" function

Brass Contributor

Hi there, 

If we use the modern page, when we want to "NEW" a file on the toolbar of Document library. we just find two types: 1. Folder; 2. Link; BUT if we change to Classic SharePoint, when we click "NEW", we could choose what kind of documents we want to apply. how to add document types into the "NEW" function under modern page.

Untitled.png

3 Replies

@SinhaKislayThanks for your information. but from my point of view, the solution seems to be applied on SharePoint Online NOT in the 2019 On Premise. I know we could do it on SharePoint Online and 2019 On Premise. currently, my question is we could change, add any document template, let user choose the document template they want. it is weird in the OneDrive of Personal Site on SharePoint On Premise. Even though I create new content type and add it. in the Classic OneDrive it works properly, on the contrary, if I change to Modern Page, all settings cannot be applied.??

I have posted the question to the https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/office/en-US/14cd7eaf-c2c2-4552-a8a8-e50d7c84bf10/regard... as well.

WILL

@Will # _________ H ok i did not realize you were talking about SharePoint On prem, I will check if I can find a solution