I don't see ''Location'' field in SPO

Copper Contributor

Q1. I don't see ''Location'' field in our SPO . Pls, @Microsoft.com TEAM I need help. I have submitted at my org help desk to contact you, but it takes longer, could you contact me here if it's just some simple issue? see the pic below

Q2, picture/hyperlink field not displaying an image in modern list. I get broken link symbol like in the pic below, I've tried png&jpg, doc library and site assets as pic resource . Thanks in advance for help

12 Replies

Hello @MDEL90_El,

Q1. Opening a ticket with support sounds like the correct action considering the feature has been launched.

1.PNG

Q2. I can reproduce the output but it may not be the same issue. I had a bad URL in my column value. There is 255 character URL length in the Image column. I would confirm that your URL works as expected.

2.PNG

I hope this helps.

Norm

@Norman Young Thank you for the speedy response. As you said I've checked all the URLs length and make sure to not be more than 255, but still no avail. And I found the post below in the pic on this thread,

FYI, this is a brand new Hub and modern sites. I am not the admin of the tenant, but for my hub. Idk what's on or off in the SP admin center. I tried by creating diff lists in both communication & team sites, I did everything i think can resolve, bot no Soln. Maybe , as it's on the thread modern pages and sites ain't rendering pictures currently?

On the other hand, I tried on diff tenant, same prob whether under 255 URL or not, but it display diff symbol like in the pic below.

I tested using a Modern site page with the List web part connected to a hub and it works.

Capture.PNG

I don't see anything about images in the SharePoint Online Limits page that would be of concern.

Suggest you engage support.

I hope this helps.

Norm

Also I am thinking maybe there is some issue with my tenant itself(as we moved recently to modern experience), maybe if there some features should be activated or something in the admin center??? bcuz, I see ''Location'' field in diff SPO tenant but not in this particular SPO , so the picture displaying issue can it be a correlated issue with the env itself as well? Then Why , I can't see ''Location column''??
Pls, @msft team say something. It's just you guys doing great one day the next day ruining the other thing

@Microsoft.com TEAM pls say something 

@Norman Young Thanks again, I will check with support team. 

@Norman Young can you use Site Assets or doc library as a pic repository and use the link to display the picture in a list (in Picture field)? can you let me know that pls?  

see what worked for me on this page. 

By all means I didn't expect this would make a diff.

@MDEL90_El sounds like you have a workaround but I would still keep the issue open with support.

Norm

@Norman Young I am unable to see an option to map the Usage location of our O365 user with its SPO user profile where the Office location value should match the usage location value

Hi @thesmilingguru,

Can you confirm that you are using the Geography column in the list?

Also, how are you mapping the Office location to the Geography column? Flow?

Norm

@Norman YoungI am sorry but I don't understand by Geographical column.

My ask is just to map the O365 user's Usagelocation to a user profile in SPO under parameter Office Location

Sorry I thought you were asking about Location column type for SPO lists.

I believe you set the Office Location attribute in Active Directory - DirSync.

Norm