How to restrict creategroup.aspx to create group connected teamsite alone

Copper Contributor

I would like to allow users to create group connected team site using the link "mytenant.sharepoint.com/_layouts/15/creategroup.aspx" and I don't want them to use the same link to select communication site or other site templates. Essentially I want creategroup.aspx to skip the first page (to pick the site template) and directly go to teamsite input screen (second page).

J Justin

3 Replies

Hi @Justin_J945,

As far as I know, this is not possible. A custom provisioning solution could meet your needs but the upfront work could be substantial.

I hope this helps.

Norm

Actually you get one more option to create teamsite without O365 group or Document centre or Enterprise wiki etc., from "mytenant-admin/_layouts/15/creategroup.aspx" and this option is not visible at "mytenant/_layouts/15/creategroup.aspx" therefore there must be a way to hide 'communication site' creation option?

J Justin

Hi @Justin_J945,

I know the screen you are referring to and there are no options to control what site templates are made available to end users.

You can replace the create site form with one at a custom URL but again you are getting into a custom provisioning solution.

With "site designs" you can customize the default site templates (i.e. theme, logo, add artifacts etc.) but again no way to restrict templates.

I hope this helps.

Norm