SOLVED

How to get Team Site Titles updated across Office 365?

Bronze Contributor

Hi everyone, 

can anyone point out why SharePoint Team Site Titles are not correctly updated across the Office 365 Suite and ideally how to resolve this? Here are two examples:

• Changing the title of the default SharePoint site collection Team Site did not update it at:
    • SharePoint Waffle Landing Page - the card still shows the old name
    • Copy/Move to Pane in OneDrive for Business > Places still shows the old name
  • Changing the title of an Office 365 Video channel did not update it at:
    • SharePoint Waffle Landing Page - the card still shows the old name

4 Replies
Ey Ivan,
I have just checked in a customer tenant that these problems are not happening there...yesterday we change the name of some sites and these changes are already propagated in the SharePoint landing page and also in ODFB

Good know. I changed the name of root site collection two days ago, and the Office 365 Video Channel names even months ago.

Guess I'll have to create a ticket if this works for everyone else.

best response confirmed by VI_Migration (Silver Contributor)
Solution

So, I finally took the time to give Microsoft a call and we've managed to resolve the issue.

Basically I was unware that SharePoint TeamSite Titles are language specific. 

Since are tenant's default language is German, and I've changed my SharePoint/Delve Profile to English and addition to enabling a secondary language for the affected TeamSite, the teamsite title didn't change for my user, because the new SharePoint Home only pulls from the tenants default language teamsite title. 

Therefore I have to disable and/or switch languages to manually update all TeamSite titles. 

By disabling my additional languages in my SharePoint profile and then changing the titles SharePoint Home showed the correct/desired titles. 

Same is true for Video Channels, but I basically had to change all the titles again, as I wasn't changing the tenants defualt language.

I'm having the same issue but I'm only using English. I changed the title of my Site Collection but the old title is still showing up in the card at the Sharepoint Waffle Landing page. However, when I click into the card the new Title appears correctly. Any ideas on how to get the new Title to appear on the landing page?
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by VI_Migration (Silver Contributor)
Solution

So, I finally took the time to give Microsoft a call and we've managed to resolve the issue.

Basically I was unware that SharePoint TeamSite Titles are language specific. 

Since are tenant's default language is German, and I've changed my SharePoint/Delve Profile to English and addition to enabling a secondary language for the affected TeamSite, the teamsite title didn't change for my user, because the new SharePoint Home only pulls from the tenants default language teamsite title. 

Therefore I have to disable and/or switch languages to manually update all TeamSite titles. 

By disabling my additional languages in my SharePoint profile and then changing the titles SharePoint Home showed the correct/desired titles. 

Same is true for Video Channels, but I basically had to change all the titles again, as I wasn't changing the tenants defualt language.

View solution in original post