SOLVED

How do you add a People Picker to an Infopath for SharePoint Office 365

Iron Contributor

Does anyone know how to add a people picker to an Infopath for to use in SharePoint O365?

This should be something very easy to do, but I can't find where to add this.

8 Replies

It works for both a custom InfoPath form, as well as an InfoPath form backed list item (custom form).   I just tried both and they worked.   Are you getting an error?  Can you provide more details as to what is not working?  

Perhaps, you are trying to promote the person field as a column in your forms library?  If so, that is not supported, but there are workarounds/hacks if you have the technical chops to implement and don't mind have a workflow run every time the field changes.

It's not that it isn't working. I can't find out where the people picker is. I would think it would be in the controls list

best response confirmed by Michelle Porreca (Iron Contributor)
Solution

clipboard.png

You find it in the controls  (sorry for the german screenshot)

I often work with this controll in my InfoPath Forms.

So I added the People Picker to my InfoPath form and published it. Now I don't get any names on the People Picker. Is there something I need to configure on this Control to get a list of names?

See attached file

You have to search for a person – it is not possible to list all peoples in you organization:

clipboard.png

The other way is to type in the name and click the check button:

clipboard.png

When the user is found it is underlined:

clipboard.png

It must take some time after you put it in a form and publish it to SharePoint for it to populate(?). I was doing a search after I published it yesterday and got no results. Today I tried again and now it works. Cool!

This works, thanks!

Is there any way to also use the people picker to fill other fields, such as department name or email address?

On Premise you can use the userprofile webservice – with SharePoint Online it is not possible to use SP Webservice because you can’t disable the loopback mode.

One Way with SP Online is to start a SP Designer Workflow after the form is filled to get the necessary data – or take a look at flow.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Michelle Porreca (Iron Contributor)
Solution

clipboard.png

You find it in the controls  (sorry for the german screenshot)

I often work with this controll in my InfoPath Forms.

View solution in original post