Highlighted Content feed not updating for several days now

Brass Contributor

We use SharePoint online, and have almost fully converted to modern sites. For several months, we've been posting news to various sites, all of which roll up into a Highlighted Content web part on our Home page. It's been great. 

Until 6/13, when it stopped updating. No new news items show up anymore. They show up in the News web parts on the underlying pages, but Highlighted Content won't show anything after 6/13. 

I deleted it, I re-added it. I added it to other pages. I double-checked the settings. And still it won't pull news after 6/13. 

I've seen where some of these cool new features break and then self-resolve after a day or so, but this has been going on a long time, and I have concern that my users will lose faith in this great newsfeed system that I've been touting. Anyone have any idea what's going on or what adjustment I might need to make? 

Thanks!

9 Replies
Hi Caite, I am seeing this problem too but through SharePoint Home not updating. I know there is an advisory currently on SPO but I will report soon if this doesn’t clear. Very odd.

Where do I go to see the advisory? 

Thanks!

search update.jpgThis in the admin center.  I'm assuming it's all related.  Drives me crazy when search breaks and we have no control over it.  Essentially makes our intranet static. 

It is frustrating. "Hey everyone, look how great this is! Let's all start using it! Oh wait, it's broken." 

:)

Has anyone circled back around to this one yet?

We have an internal site on Modern Sharepoint, and we're using the "Highlighted Content" webpart for the news on the site b/c that webpart includes the "filmstrip" layout option that is not an option with the "News" webpart.

However, the HC webpart isn't pulling in new News articles, even though they are clearly showing as "news" in any other search / webpart.

Is there any intent on the part of the Sharepoint dev team to address what seems to be pretty simple?

For us, this turned out to be a Microsoft issue which righted itself in about a week. Whenever we've run into these types of issues (certain content not flowing through to newsfeeds or Highlighted content), it's always something going on at Microsoft and we just have to wait it out. Usually this stuff resolves itself in 24-48 hours, but this particular issue went on for about a week, which was frustrating. 

So it sounds like we need to suck it up until Monday and see what we get?

LOL, probably. For us, it doesn't happen often, but of course when it does, it's always at the worst possible time. 

You could also try putting in a ticket, just in case there's something else wonky going on.

Well, we sucked it up until today, and it's fixed itself.

I wish there was a little more attention being paid to this by the dev team, but I guess we take what we can get, huh?