First Release and Partner of Record

Steel Contributor

Can I suggest that there's some planning involved when rolling out new features to First Release customers - that their POR (Partner of Record) - also on First Release - gets those updates first ?

2 Replies
I think this is not very easy to achieve since you can find that different Office 365 tenants configured on First Release are not seeing the same new stuff released...I have personally seen this in two of my tenants so I have one where I always see new stuff and other one where I have to wait some time until I see the same stuff I have already seen on the other tenant
I have gone the route of strongly recommending to clients that they have 2 tenants: production and testing. The production tenant has first release disabled, and the testing tenant is used to prepare for First Release changes coming down the track. Not ideal but it is giving them a heads up of whats coming and allows for some change management. Typically the testing tenant will have a much smaller quantity of licensed accounts to keep cost down.