SOLVED

Expiration date for News pages

Iron Contributor

In modern sites, is there a way out of the box to set an expiration date on a News page?

Or do I need to deploy on each site an expiration date property, and use the property filter on the News Web Part?

5 Replies
nothing built in yet. That’s on the list they want to add to news thou.
best response confirmed by Christophe Humbert (Iron Contributor)
Solution

Nothing is available built-in

You can look in 2 directions for that, but based on a custom field to add into the "post" content type placed into your modern library.

- Develop a PowerShell script to get all the pages and check the end publication date and delete or change the publication date (remove 1 year to place it below)

- Try a Flow dev to manage the same case

There is now a flow for the approval process into the modern page, that can give you the direction to apply

Fab

Thanks Fabrice. Have you tried using Flow to update the PromoteStatus column? I was going to look into this.

You can, the promoted status is setting the page as "News" and add it into the webpart, so it could be a solution.

Fab

@Christophe Humbertgreat post!  This approach helped me resolve the issues I was trying to address.  While there isn't an out of the box option this gave my direction to a solution.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Christophe Humbert (Iron Contributor)
Solution

Nothing is available built-in

You can look in 2 directions for that, but based on a custom field to add into the "post" content type placed into your modern library.

- Develop a PowerShell script to get all the pages and check the end publication date and delete or change the publication date (remove 1 year to place it below)

- Try a Flow dev to manage the same case

There is now a flow for the approval process into the modern page, that can give you the direction to apply

Fab

View solution in original post