SOLVED

End user can't add modern page

Brass Contributor

Hi all,

I have enabled the site pages feature on a classic team site that is a subsite of a site collection. I have also added the site page content type to the pages library. I am now able to create modern site pages in this subsite.

However, when an end user (with full control rights on the subsite & inherited, pages library) tries to create a site page, a wiki page is created instead. To make matters even cloudier,  when I look at the content type of this new page, it displays "site page". I checked the admin center, site pages creation is allowed on the organization level. 

What am I missing here? Should these end users have access to a site containing templates or something? 

1 Reply
best response confirmed by Jeroen Lammens (Brass Contributor)
Solution

Turns out to be a (another) minor UI inconsistency. The end user created wiki pages, which then showed as 'site page' in the Content Type column of the library (classic as well as modern experience).

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Jeroen Lammens (Brass Contributor)
Solution

Turns out to be a (another) minor UI inconsistency. The end user created wiki pages, which then showed as 'site page' in the Content Type column of the library (classic as well as modern experience).

View solution in original post