Enabling Site Collection App Catalog - Issue

Iron Contributor

Hello Everyone,

We wanted to enable site collection app catalog and we have run the script as given in the below article and it run successfully without any error. However, we couldn't find Apps for SharePoint under site content. Let me know if anything else to be done to enable this.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sharepoint/dev/general-development/site-collection-app-catalog

Thanks in advance.

Thanks & Regards,

Bhanu

5 Replies

Hi Bhanu when you say "couldn't find Apps for SharePoint under site content" do you mean you were expecting to see a list of 3rd Party Apps from "Site Contents?  If so, you are looking in the wrong spot.  From the SharePoint "Gear", click "Add an App" and from there you should see "SharePoint Store" in the left menu.  See image below.

If this still isn't working for you, my company specializes in setting up SharePoint and mya be able to help.  Click here for assistance that opens in a new browser window.

SP Store.png

Hello @Joel Hill,

Thanks for your reply.

I am not looking for the SharePoint App Store here. I am looking for the Site Collection App Catalog here to deploy the Apps.

Once i enable the site collection app catalog - the below library "Apps for SharePoint" should get created. 

sitecollection app catalog.png

Thanks & Regards,

Bhanu

Ahh I see.  And just to confirm... you are indeed in the right site collection?  (I know dumb question but I've seen a lot over the years):

Instructions: https://support.office.com/en-us/article/use-the-app-catalog-to-make-custom-business-apps-available-...

Hello @Joel Hil,

:) Yes i am in the right site collection. I followed the same instructions that are being given in the given blog.

This is working in my private tenant but not in the client tenant. So, Wanted to make sure if there are any settings to be done at the tenant level before utilizing this feature.

Thanks & Regards,

Bhanu

Yeah that stinks I don't like when features vary across tenants. I'm sure you've raised a ticket already good luck!