Document Sharing on iframe on different domain

Copper Contributor

Hi All,

I've few documents in Document library on SharePoint Online, for which I've created Guest URLs and adding the URL on iframe/embed url on a site with different domain but either I'm getting an error or frame stays blank.

I've tried few features like turning on cross site  connection, publishing feature but still it does not work. 

Any help on this would be a great help.

Thanks 

6 Replies
How did you had the iFrames on your page?

@Juan Carlos González Martín iFrame is on different site.  Its not on SharePoint. 

Can you post a screenshot? Thanks

@Juan Carlos González Martín

I've used following code on my blog to display a word document in iframe.

<iframe width="80%" height="80%" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" src="Guest link&action=embedview"> </iframe>

and the frame remains blank, nothing is loading 

I do not expect this to work. See e.g. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Same-origin_policy

Having this functionality poses a major security risk. For example, a malicious site could use an iframe with width 0 and height 0 to access your gmail account and re-use authentication existing cookies.

This is not a SharePoint problem. 

I would open the page on the different domain using Chrome and then open the developer console (F12). It should show a security error.

Paul

Hi @Paul de Jong

Thanks a lot for the response, However the site where I'm going to use iframe is more of a secure site. We're going to use this on Student Portal, where users have to login in access the data. 

Thanks