Document Set in Modern Experience

Deleted
Not applicable

We are planning on implementing modern experiences and as I was demo'ing the new look and functionality I discovered that Document Sets pop up in a new tab when you create or access them within a library. Is there a way to turn off this NEW FEATURE? Are there other things that do not work with regards to DS?

Also, is there a centralized place that lists the functionality that still doesnt work within the Modern Experience or do I get to continue to step on land mines for the next 24 months?

6 Replies
Sorry to say that, but you are quite right when saying : Get to continue to step on land mines for the next 24 months. We know that DS are not "modern UI" ready and also that there is not a specific ETA to be ready

Should I not use Document Sets with the Modern Experience at all. So far I have noticed that they come up in a different tab and you don't seem to be able to able to edit the properties of the set...at all. Is this what you experience? 

Yeap, basically document sets are still not modern and have these kind of issues...there is a thread in the Tech Community where we have discussed a lot about Document Sets in the new UI...and it was Linconl de Maris (one of the PM) the one saying they don't have a exact ETA for modernizing Document Sets

I did find that thread a couple of hours ago. One comment in there by 

Yes i have experianced  and find some resolution fromlast two days and i am grtting failure.

We heavily use document sets for the ability to keep the same metadata on all documents inside. It's scary that they haven't made them modern yet. I guess I need to start thinking of a Plan B.