Document Repository...

Copper Contributor

Good Morning,

My leadership brought me in the other day to show me a link to a company we do business with, to their sharefile upload link and he liked it and wanted to know if we could do this with our SharePoint Online site. 

I don't know what the official name of this link is or what it ties to, however my reason for the post is to see if this is the best way, most efficient, worst way, or needs to be tweaked.  I am new to SharePoint, and I am working on getting my company to the best most efficient way of doing business, and we have bought  into the M365 platform, so I am trying to leverage all that we have already paid for without getting another 3rd party service.

Plan:

•  Create separate document library
    • all users who need document repository or place for outside organization members to upload files will be owners
    •  adjust permissions on this site collection to allow outside organization members to upload
  • Instruct internal users to create folders for what projects they want information for
    • show them how to share links to that folder
    • create a template link they can copy to upload to their folder
  •  Figure out how to create an alert that will notify creator of folder that documents have been uploaded if it exists

I think this is a very basic understanding, not sure if this is the right way.  Looking for guidance.  

0 Replies