SOLVED

Discover and share new training videos about SharePoint Online

Microsoft

Want to introduce your employees to the newest updates in SharePoint Online? At office.com/training, there are 3 new SharePoint Online training courses to help users get up and running. Whether you're onboarding employees or showing them the latest features, these training videos cover basic tasks in SharePoint Online, like how to create and share files in a document library, explore your team site, add or remove a news post, and sync SharePoint files and folders.  

Watch this video to see an overview of the training courses:  

34 Replies

For videos like the one above, you can use the youtube link to embed. For others, I may have more to share soon.

Tom,

Quick, and maybe, a silly question.  I am creating a website for a government entity (county) here in Virginia.  Is it legal to either embed a Microsoft video from a site (e.g., https://support.office.com)/ embed a video from Office 365 Video?  My guess is yes, since MS videos are for public consumption, but thought it prudent to ask.  Also, what about graphics, logos, screenshots, steps, etc. that accompany the videos?  The easy way was to just write a blurb on a webpage and point to a office.com training page for a particular video, but thought it better to have folks see the "quick and dirty" on my site, rather than trying to search through mulitple quick start videos.  I pick the ones that my intended audience needs and ignore those they do not need.  Thoughts?

Thanks much,

Paul 

P.S. The website is an Office 365 Training website.

Already have it on my site!

Paul,
Embed away! Helping people learn how to use the services is awhat we’re all about.
Tom

Thanks, Tom.  I am trying not to "copy" everything, but I take some ideas from here and there--some folks like to watch the videos and some like to read the steps.  Each site page contains both.  Love to get general FAQs on Delve, Skype for Business, OneDrive, Outlook (Focused Inbox/Clutter), and SharePoint.  For example, when in Delve, there is no way to delete my Recent Documents.  I would hate to give a wrong answer (can't delete), when there may be a solution!

Sadly YouTube is blocked at this particular site

A link to the video on support.office.com sounds like it would be better than an embed, in that case.

There is a Delve FAQ. Probably better to summarize and link to it rather than copy, as the articles on support.office.com will be kept up to date as the service changes over time.

@Tom Resing can you share these steps please ?

When you're playing a video, click the More Options menu in the bottom right of the video player, (...), then Share > Copy Link to get a link to the video.

Add an embed web part and use an iframe to embed the video. For example, here's an iframe for the What is SharePoint Online? video.

<iframe src="https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/videoplayer/embed/84b45a7b-7cca-48b5-90a5-6c50a7d6d948?pid=ocpVideo0-innerdiv-oneplayer&jsapi=true&postJsllMsg=true&market=en-us" frameborder="0" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" scrolling="no" allowfullscreen="" style="width: 980px; height: 550px;"></iframe>

Brilliant, thanks Tom, that works great !

I agree...it works great, and I'm seeing customers use Stream to embed videos in modern pages 100x over the classic page UI. Great work @Tom Resing and team! 

I'm looking for SharePoint 2016 (on prem) training that I can share with our end users. Will the SP Online videos suffice, or do you recommend something else?