SOLVED

Discover and share new training videos about SharePoint Online

Microsoft

Want to introduce your employees to the newest updates in SharePoint Online? At office.com/training, there are 3 new SharePoint Online training courses to help users get up and running. Whether you're onboarding employees or showing them the latest features, these training videos cover basic tasks in SharePoint Online, like how to create and share files in a document library, explore your team site, add or remove a news post, and sync SharePoint files and folders.  

Watch this video to see an overview of the training courses:  

34 Replies

Big praise coming from the master of Plain and Simple SharePoint! :)

Let me know how you plan to use these and what we can do to improve.

I like the videos in the YouTube channel. Very simple and direct explanations of what the product is and why you want to know more. Very useful for a campaign in Yammer to drive users to the training site. Do you plan to add more?
best response confirmed by David Leveille (Steel Contributor)
Solution

Thanks @Geoffrey Bronner!

In addition to the videos on the Office Training YouTube Channel, there are more on support.office.com. For example, we added a total of 10 new videos covering SharePoint Online.

SharePoint Online Video Training.png

They all look great, we have to be careful what videos we send people to because our email is still on prem but there is a lot of good content on the new site.

I think the intro videos on the You Tube channel will be useful for advertising the service. We tend to grab material like that and load it in Office 365 Video so we can track views internally when we do a campaign.

Thanks for letting me know, @Geoffrey Bronner

It's great to hear you're actively measuring training consumption internally.

Really fruitful dear! Thanks for sharing!

Great videos...thank you for sharing and helping to increase user adoption of SharePoint online! I saw that the OneDrive team just released a bunch of short videos, too. Great work from the product marketing team!
Very helpful videos for the business users who doesn't understand the technical part of SharePoint... Great Stuff!!
Thanks, David! The modern support and assistance team appreciates the feedback. Thanks for stopping by to visit us in Redmond last week, too.

Thanks for watching and reporting back @Sunny Rajpal!

That's the exact audience we're targeting with these videos.

I'd like to find a video (or two) that shows all of the features of a document library - JUST a document library. The video for "Create and share files in a library" has the upload and share functions, but I want to see more on the details pane, views and copy/move.

We're migrating our classic libraries to the modern view and want to give users a quick tutorial on the changes. I can't find anything that fits my need - even on Youtube.

Excellent idea. Thanks for the suggestion!

By the way, these aren't in video format, but let me know if they help:

One new video added this week, Add web parts

AddWebPartsVideo.png

Any plans to add an Embed code to sharing options - so these videos can be added to Modern pages using the Embed webpart ? Currently this is failing using "Copy Link" 

I love the suggestion. It is possible to embed the videos a different way. If you're interested, I can share the detailed steps.

I'm building an Office 365 Adoption site using a SharePoint Communication Site and want each major app page to reference these videos. The simpler and cleaner I make this look, the better for the end user.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by David Leveille (Steel Contributor)
Solution

Thanks @Geoffrey Bronner!

In addition to the videos on the Office Training YouTube Channel, there are more on support.office.com. For example, we added a total of 10 new videos covering SharePoint Online.

SharePoint Online Video Training.png

View solution in original post