Custom sharepoint list - copying email addresses from a column

Brass Contributor

Hi all, 

I have a problem that is driving me crazy.

I'm in the process of creating a basic custom sharepoint list that includes personel data (last name, first name, email, other contact info and then data related to that persons role in the organization). 

On often used feature I need is the ability to send email to selected persons on that list (i.e. those involved in some activity). The easiest solution for my teams end users would be to just filter out the info they need and then copy the e-mail addresses from the filtered list.

In all simplicity I just want to either

a) copy visible values from one column to clipboard

b) initiate an activity in which outlook creates a new email with the filtered email addresses as recipients. 

But I can't figure out, how to do that. I imagine this is a pretty common feature that's needed in many activities, so there must be an easy solution to this. How do I do this?  

Kind regards, 

Heidi 

2 Replies

@He1diWhy not create a Microsoft Flow to send the emails? it will automatically get the persons email index from their profile and you wont even have to put that data into the sharepoint list

Hi @Dean Gross , 

thank you very much for the answer! I tried creating a flow, but I'm such a newbie still that I could not figure out how to make it work. If you have time and interest of giving me quick hints on how to go about it, I'd appreciate it a ton!