Custom calendar webpart for modern pages

Brass Contributor

Hey everyone, I manage a small business sharepoint site and I'm gradually  adding functions that would "pull" our team of 9 people into the Sharepoint Online environement, because we still dwell in Excel files, individual storage locations, unstandardized document templates and so on… One of the major reasons for a slower development is the fact that the modern sites don't support monthly view calendar webpart. I've found come custom code here https://github.com/SharePoint/sp-dev-fx-webparts/tree/master/samples/react-calendar but I'm clueless when it comes to coding. I'm not an IT professional but am quite tech savy and I could probably do some easy guided command line coding. Before I delve into that, I have noticed that I can also upload a webpart file through Site settings/web parts. Files there have file type extensions such as *.dwp or *.webpart. Is there a way that I could convert the reach calendar code from the link above into a packaged file and upload it thorugh the admin panel or am I missing something?

2 Replies
Those WebParts you can upload throught the site settings are classic WebParts so they cannot be used in modern SPO pages. Therefore, you will need a developer to write a custom calendar WebPart for you
Hey Juan, thank you for your response! Could you please specify what do you mean by "write a custom calendar webpart" considering that the code for it has already been written?