Custom New/Edit/Display forms with Modern Experience Lists

Brass Contributor

Hey all, I found a way to be able to customize the new, edit, and display forms for a list/library while still keeping the modern experience. It is detailed in this post:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/7410b226-9cba-4deb-aae7-54dd915529ae/custom-edit-f...

Basically, you create a custom page with designer and tell the list to use your new page for the default. I'm looking at customizing this form, but I was wondering if this is too hacky, and may lead to problems down the road.

Previously, lists where I had to have a custom form, I just left them at the classic experience.

7 Replies
AFAIK, we cannot currently modify New/Edit/Display forms in modern listss

You can modify those like the post says. But the created custom pages are always classic mode.

Hey!

Have a look at Plumsail Forms - it allows you to design fully responsive forms for modern SharePoint pages. It supports all field types and provides an ability to design completely unique layouts for different devices: PCs, tablets, and Phones. Also you can handle form submissions with Microsoft Flow in more complex scenarios - updating items in multiple lists simultaneously, creating records in other services e.g. Salesforce, Dynamics 365, or MailChimp.

When are you planning to release new version that will allow developer customize add / edit / view form ?

@Juan Carlos González Martín wrote:
AFAIK, we cannot currently modify New/Edit/Display forms in modern listss

Hey buddy, 

This is kind of delayed response- have you looked at the PowerApps to solve your problem?

Currently PowerApps works with lists and not libraries. It is in the backlog of the PowerApps team, but not sure of timeline.

Cheers,

Abhijith

Its Windows 8 all over again. Have been waiting 3 years for some ‘real’ progress. PowerApps panels are cute, but maybe I want a full page form, wheres my options? Any talent that may have existed at MS has clearly left the building...