Creating a Unique Task Flow - Possible??

Copper Contributor

Hi,

I have tried searching extensively for this answer online, so I seek your help. I am working on implementing SharePoint for my team. We currently manage a task in email, but SharePoint should make the task more efficient if it is possible. We want to create a task that can be recreated numerous times on an ad-hoc basis, but assigned to different people throughout the process.

Task flow idea:

Task is created and titled uniquely

Set of sample questions are sent to a coordinator to answer in SharePoint (perhaps short list of users in a drop down box?)

Email is sent to specific employee by unique email address to inform them of what is occurring (no response necessary on their end)

Coordinator answers questions in tool and then SharePoint notifies task creator of completion (myself)

Task creator closes the task if all information is correct

Can this be done? If so, can someone help me create this? I have tried a few times and have not been successful and this would save a lot of time for us!

Thanks!!

Rick

1 Reply

Rick...have out outlined the exact business process in something like Visio?  This doesn't sound difficult and most likely can be completed in SharePoint Designer or Flow.

A couple observations:

1. If the users in the drop down need to be notified in the workflow, consider using a People Picker so that the workflow automatically knows the users E-mail address and can send it.
  2. What is the logic to send the E-mail to a specific employee?  You'll need to define this so the correct person is E-mailed.

Steve