Create list and use PowerApps and Flow to automate employee availability intervention report

Iron Contributor

Hello,

we have some employees that are available 24/7; one people do 24/7 for six days (they are at work 8 hours and then are available via mobile if we have a problem with our systems installed at client location); now, when finished his rotation, the employee fill:

• an excel sheet where he reports the total hours when he was available; there is a distinction between the hours Monday to Friday and that on Saturday to Sunday (paid as festivity days); if there is a call or more then a call from clients, the employee fill a row with the start date/time and end date/time, if the work is a call from the client or programmed, if the employee does a trip to the client (maybe for an hardware fault), and also update the worked hours
  • a technical excel sheet where the employee write down the information of the call from the client: start and end time, client, type of the service that we distribute, remote/on site intervention, description of the work done.
  • a word document with various information, like start and end time, little title for the intervention and the description of what he have done
  • an email to the manager and also to the personnel department with all the documents described previously attached

As you can see this process is quite repetitive, error prone and annoying.

I thought I can create a list in SharePoint, maybe modified with PowerApps and with the help of Flow to automate all this stuff.

At the first time, I thought that I am happy if I can automate and aggregate the process bound to the second excel sheet and the word document, so I started to model the list but found 2 stop point:

• create the list with various field is not a problem and I can also create a simple flow that send an email when I save an intervention, but what if I want to send a unique email to the personnel department with all my work of a rotation?
  • how to automate the creation of a word document from a template filled with the info that are in the list?

For the second point, I have seen that someone has done something similar but with SharePoint workflow and so I don't know if it is replicable and how is replicable; for the first point, I thought, for example, to save the data on another list or, for example, in an external db..but how to trigger then the mail?

If possible, I want also include the first sheet in the process: I thought to create a list in SharePoint and then modify it with PowerApps, creating, for example, a multipage process with a page for every call that the employee receive and a final page where these are summarized with hour worked and a "Done" button.

My questions: is it feasible in your opinion? I have the idea that I'm not thinking well to solve the problem and that this difficulties are guided from my poor experience in these fields, so any other idea, even total different, is well accepted.

Marco

0 Replies