Copy To feature in modern libraries - site does not show under choose destination

Brass Contributor

One of our departments asked me to create a separate team site that will be used for a project they are working on.  They had created a folder on our company intranet site with all of the their project documents so they want to copy those documents over to the new site. Problem is that when we go to the folder and select Copy To the new team SharePoint site does not show Under Choose a destination. I was able to do a test and I was able to Copy to a test site that I have but how do I get the new SharePoint site to show under Choose a destination? 

8 Replies
Easiest way is to Follow the site in the top right. Refresh the page and it should show up in there. That's how I usually force it. But there is usually the little show more links under the site lists as well.
Out of curiosity: do you have access to that department site? By the way, bear in mind that both Copy To and Move To options are powered by the Graph and it might happen the site has not been properly indexed so that's the reason why it's not appearing yet in the panel. Give it some time and start thinking on open a support case...I have had this problem in the past and unfortunately there is not much we can do, just work with support to see what happens in your tenant and in the site that prevents a new site to be displayed in the Copy To / Move To panel
If following the site doesn't work, Juan reminded me of an issue that can happen with search and SharePoint. If the destination is a group connected SharePoint site, make sure you are listed in the attached Office 365 members group in addition to if you are an owner. There are cases where Owners think everything is good and they have access to everything but search will not work because they are not listed under members as well. Adding to members will then index shortly after and should show up.
Yes, I've tried multiple times to follow the site and it won't let me.
Yes, I created the new project site so I have access to it. I thought the same so I gave it 24 hours to see if it would update and show the site.
I'd like to try that. Is there a specific way of adding myself as a member to the group? Should I do through the site? Should also add another Owner listed on the site as a member as well?
I use the Admin portal under groups. But if you have owners not listed in the member list as well it will cause all kinds of index issues (Annoying :P). But if you and the other aren't listed, add yourselfs there to the members as well, wait 10 minutes it should fix your issues, might be causing your follow issue as well.

@Chris Webbthe group listed me as a member so I deleted and then added myself as a member. Then I was to copy the folder because the site was now appearing under choose a destination. 

Thank you both for taking the time to answer my questions and for your suggestions!!! Muchísimas Gracias! @Juan Carlos González Martín @Chris Webb