Copy Link works differently when item is inside the folder

Copper Contributor

If an item is directly inside the document library, it opens correctly. But when it is inside the folder it redirects to DispForm.

6 Replies
Are there any difference in the URL that you get when you are using the Copy Link option?

I just tried and get no difference! In my site, I have turned on the Document ID features - my URL references the Document ID of my document, no matter where it is stored.
URL part: /test3/_layouts/15/DocIdRedir.aspx?ID=AGSKBDOC-1216087933-6&e=445af11cdb0443cf86bbb90f53f60cd7
Kind regards, John

Thanks for the reply.

URL is same in both the case, Document ID feature is enabled. But the site is migrated from 2010 on-premise, maybe the issue is related to that(not sure), I'll explore more. When I disable the Document ID feature, I get direct URL point to the file, that works fine both the times.

Hi @vinayak hegde,

Does this occur in other sites that weren't migrated? If you continue to have issues, please reach out to support and they'll help you out. Thanks!

Stephen Rice

Hi - Where you able to find a solution to your issue. I am experiencing the same issue when I use copy link to an image it give me a redirect link that includes Dispform in the URL. It takes me to the properties page instead of the image. This only happened when I turned on Document IDs. 

Thanks 

We aren't fan's of the 'Copy Link' because the URL is too messy for business users.  We typically create a view that is set to 'Table' style which allows a person to right-click on the file and use "Copy Address" from the browser.  It creates a cleaner, more intuitive URL that has the file name in the URL.

No, I just turned off the document id feature. Probably need to raise a ticket to MS