SOLVED

Connect to Outlook Calendar View is grayed out(O365)

Copper Contributor

2017-11-16_11-19-51.jpg

Connect to Outlook Calendar View is grayed out(O365). I tried a different browser and disabling MDS(Minimal Download strategy but still not working. I added our SharePoint site to my trusted site but still no luck. Not sure what wrong, it's not permission but I am already a site collection admin on the site. 

6 Replies
Can you elaborate more on the list your using? Is it a calendar app on the old site UI?
Nope I am only using a SharePoint List with Title and Datetime Columns... And then I created a Calendar View with it, but I when I try the Connect to Outlook on the ribbon its grayed out. I am using a Windows 10 x64 machine with a 2016 outlook client
best response confirmed by Billy Peralta (Copper Contributor)
Solution
Yeah unfortunately that's why. The list template type must be a calendar type in order to sync it with Outlook, a custom list with a calendar view is just a custom list template so it doesn't have the same content type fields etc. that will sync into Outlook that same. In order to sync it you have to create the list as a calendar app first, then use it to slice and dice to be able to do the basic sync.
Thanks how come they added in Calendar View if its not allowed on a custom list
You can use it as a web calendar view, but you just don't get the sync mechanism piece of it due to the predefined default content type fields that come in a calendar app vs custom list (Title field only).

I have same issue it is working on Win 7 - 2013 but not on Win 10 - 2016

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Billy Peralta (Copper Contributor)
Solution
Yeah unfortunately that's why. The list template type must be a calendar type in order to sync it with Outlook, a custom list with a calendar view is just a custom list template so it doesn't have the same content type fields etc. that will sync into Outlook that same. In order to sync it you have to create the list as a calendar app first, then use it to slice and dice to be able to do the basic sync.

View solution in original post