SOLVED

Communication Site Events Web Part Missing

Iron Contributor

Topic design.  Full Control permissions.  Calendar on site. 

All the parts seem to be there except for the Events web part.   Should it be available or is it part of the rollout which  we just don't have it yet?

TGIF!

4 Replies
If you can create Communication Site, this webpart should be in the Communication sites you create
best response confirmed by CatherineB (Iron Contributor)
Solution

@CatherineB, @Juan Carlos González Martín is correct.

On a new communication site in SharePoint Online, we provision an event list for you automatically and enable the Events web part in the toolbox as part of site creation. If you have seperated manually created an event list, we also allow you to select this list in the Event web part.

If you're not seeing an Event webpart in the toolbox I'd love to connect with you. Could you send me an email with some additional information at john.sanders@microsoft.com?

Where are you physically located?

What is your tenant URL/name?

What webparts do you see on the Topic homepage?

Maybe a screenshot of the topic home page in edit mode (if you're comfortable sharing an image of whatever content you have configured)?

Thank you,

John

Thank you for the quick response Juan.
Thank you for the speedy reply John. I shall be in touch soon.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by CatherineB (Iron Contributor)
Solution

@CatherineB, @Juan Carlos González Martín is correct.

On a new communication site in SharePoint Online, we provision an event list for you automatically and enable the Events web part in the toolbox as part of site creation. If you have seperated manually created an event list, we also allow you to select this list in the Event web part.

If you're not seeing an Event webpart in the toolbox I'd love to connect with you. Could you send me an email with some additional information at john.sanders@microsoft.com?

Where are you physically located?

What is your tenant URL/name?

What webparts do you see on the Topic homepage?

Maybe a screenshot of the topic home page in edit mode (if you're comfortable sharing an image of whatever content you have configured)?

Thank you,

John

View solution in original post