Cannot add new item to list from SharePoint mobile app

Brass Contributor

Hello,

I pulled up a Sharepoint Online list from an Android SharePoint mobile app, and was suprised to see there was no "add new item" button.  Is this by design?  It could be a permissions issue, but I believe my permissions or correct.   Is anyone else experiencing this?   Are we expected to go the Power Apps route if we want our mobile users to add/modify/delete items on a SharePoint list? It would be nice to have basic list functionilty on the SharePoint app.  

Thanks!

Nick

12 Replies

While not on android, the IOS SharePoint all allows for the addition of list items, I would assume that functionality should be fairly similar? Even allows for attachements to be added to list items from your Photo library or even take a photo.

Also the new list experience is very nice in the browser on mobile devices. Maybe try and use the browser and see if yo have the ability to add items?

Android App for SPO is in public preview so you can find issues and bugs like the one you have described

Here's some feedback from the app team, it sounds like the Android app will catch up soon! 

Hi,
thanks for your feedback. We have a limited list view functionality right now in our app. But we aim feature parity with our SharePoint iOS app soon which already provides the features you were asking for. Please stay tuned.

Thanks,
Your SharePoint Mobile Team

I'm currently unable to add items to a list with IOS SharePoint. How do you do this?

Not tried in the iOS App, but the Android one does not still allow to add new list items or edit existing ones

There's a button to edit in the IOS VerisIon, but it takes you to a blank screen that says "coming soon"
Have you had an update on when this will be available? I would expect that there should be very little difference between IOS and Android when systems are developed at this level.

Figured it out on my own. The list I was using was a few years old (before the sharepoint app was made). I created a new list, ported all my items over, and then I was able to edit on the sharepoint app. So it seems the sharepoint app doesn't work with old lists. 

Hi kevin, 

Thanks for that - I assume that was on IOS? I was trying using a new list but no joys on Android. I thought differences in Apps like this was a development thing of the past! :)

2 years later... still can't add to list items on Android. Or, am i doing it wrong?

@Nick Kintanar No option to add new item to document library from sharepoint ios mobile app. April 2019

Can't wait! Looking forward to this functionality, hopefully before 2026 :-).

Until then, I'll just pretend the Android preview doesn't exist.